[Dbix-class] Example of AJAXified DBIC::Ordered?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Mon Mar 30 13:53:30 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:43:45AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> I have an app where I have a small list of items that can be
> arranged in various ways. I figured that the best way of doing
> this would be to use DBIx::Class::Ordered along with some
> AJAX-y thing, perhaps jQuery UI's "Sortables" widget, to
> rearrange these in a browser and renumber them in the
> database.
>
> Before I bother, does anyone have some code for this that I
> can steal?

Y'know, the second I sent this, I realized that this doesn't
really need DBIC::Ordered--if I have a list of values that
I've gotten from the AJAX bit, I don't need to individually
move each item around, I can just apply the new ordering
wholesale to the items.

So my question belongs on the Catalyst list, not here. But I
won't send it there now, because I've wasted enough electrons
for today. Sorry!

Jesse Sheidlower