[Dbix-class] Re: ResultSet columns attribute broken?

Benjamin Schuster-Boeckler bendaboots at gmx.de
Fri May 1 00:16:40 GMT 2009

> Bernhard Graf wrote:
>> Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>
>>> Yes because you are looking at TODO tests, don't worry about those.
>>> I was actually asking if your live development code works, not the
>>> test suite. Once we confirm that we have fixed your problem we will
>>> release another DBIC version.
>>
>> Ah, ok.
>>
>> So I did install and - YES - it works fine!
>>
>> Thanks for your patience. ;-)
>
> 0.08102 now on CPAN, includes the above fix.
>
> Cheers

I'm sorry to say, but I still get this error. I have the following
query (from within Catalyst):

$c->model('DB::Line')->search({ 'types.name' => {'!=', 'Connection'} },
                                                         { join     =>
[qw/ types /],
                                                           prefetch =>
[qw/ types /],
                                                           select   =>
[qw/me.name types.name/],
                                                           distinct =>
1,
                                                           order_by =>
[qw/types.name me.name/]
                                                         }

This used to work just fine, until 0.0810x. Now I get

DBIx::Class::ResultSet::search(): Column type not loaded or not passed
to new() prior to insert() on
TMEditor::Model::DB::Line=HASH(0x2662620) trying to resolve
relationship (maybe you forgot to call ->reload_from_storage to get
defaults from the db)

I tried adding

+columns => ['types.name']

but that didn't do anything. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Benjamin