[Dbix-class] dirty-flag on inflated columns

Morgon Hed morgonhed at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 15:18:43 GMT 2009

Hi!

I have a XML-column that I inflate/deflate to an object.

What works is to create a new instance of such an object and pass that to the column-accessor, then when updating the object is deflated and stored in the database.

The problem now is that I want to call a method on the inflated object which changes it's internal state but the problem is that now when I do an update DBIx::Class does not consider the column dirty and does not update it.

So basically what I need is way for the inflated object to mark the column as dirty when it's state has changed ...

Is there a way to do that?

Many thanks!