[Dbix-class] insert_bulk and column default values?

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Wed Nov 25 13:47:51 GMT 2009

I had some trouble with populate yesterday that turned out to be because
insert_bulk doesn't properly handle default values.

I ended up having to write code which set the default values explicitly
before calling populate, using information from the result_source.  This
seems like something that should be handled internally in insert_bulk?

When I captured a return value from the call to populate(), everything
worked as expected, but this isn't a good solution for my application,
since some of the populate calls will contain many rows.

We're using version 0.08111 if it matters.

Thanks!
Jim