[Dbix-class] WHERE clause hash/table for selective replacement

Matt Whipple matt at mattwhipple.com
Wed Sep 2 15:36:39 GMT 2009

Matt Whipple wrote:
> I'm using a simple functionality for which I'm wondering whether there
> is an existing better integrated solution available: storing the
> various criteria of a WHERE clause within a hash with named keys to
> allow for selective modification of pieces of the clause.  For example
> in pseudocode:
>
> %where =
>    date               => today
>    client             => some_guy
>    product         => thingy
>
> Do a bunch of stuff...
>
> %where =
>    date               => last_month
>    (retain all the other criteria)
>

> Again...this is fairly simple but was wondering if there's anything
> existing to tie it all in to the system transparently.

I realized belatedly that my pseudocode doesn't really help in
differentiating what I'm looking for from standard behavior (and the
mailman issue had me worried that I had a bunch of RTFM replies waiting
for me).  The labels /keys themselves are not related to the underlying
DB and the values would be full SQL::Abstract criteria.  Actually, for
now, disregard the whole question since I don't know whether it would be
useful often enough to warrant (and it's easily enough done manually).