[Dbix-class] Using Database Functions

matthew couchman (JIC) matthew.couchman at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 12:41:28 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm using DBIx via Catalyst to try and create the underlying SQL query:

SELECT DISTINCT( YEAR( date ) )  FROM gps_location me;

Following the examples at DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook it looked like this would do the trick:

$c->stash->{years} = $c->model('DB::GpsLocation')->search(
                    {},
                    {
                                select => [ { YEAR => 'date' } ],
                                as => [ 'year' ],
                                distinct => 1,
                    }
);

However when I run this COUNT() has been added to the query:

SELECT COUNT( DISTINCT( YEAR( date ) ) ) FROM gps_location me;

Where does the COUNT() come from and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks very much,

                                Matt.