[Dbix-class] Group By statistics columns

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 05:35:38 GMT 2009

2009/9/21 Андрей Костенко <andrey at kostenko.name>:
> You can create a view for this query. e.g.
> CREATE VIEW stats AS SELECT MIN(a), MAX(a), AVG(a) FROM table1;

I could, but it's not the query I'm having a problem with - it's
mapping it to columns within the pre-existing DBIx::Class. I'd rather
not have to create a whole new class simply for this single query
against my data. I can see the data in the raw object - I just can't
access it through the normal methods.

Reading the manual, I should be able to get the value via get_column,
but Catalyst/TT uses the column methods instead.

Hmmm, I *can* use get_column within TT, but that seems to defeat the
purpose of abstracting data from presentation.

When getting the search results, I can map the rows with
$_->get_columns(). That seems to be the easiest solution for now.

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of