[Dbix-class] Search with complex joins generating bad SQL

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Apr 6 03:40:54 GMT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 10:55:08AM -0700, Byron Young wrote:

> Have you had a chance to look at this?  I tried to test with trunk to see if it had the issue, but I got lost in dependency hell.  The trunk version wants to upgrade Moose, which will cause us to have to upgrade Catalyst.  We just spent a pretty significant amount of time upgrading to the latest DBIC and testing all of our apps that depend on the various upgraded modules, and we're on a super tight schedule right now, so I didn't want to go down that road again with more upgrades at the moment.  I realize your time is limited too, but any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Is it possible to patch our current version to fix the bug without upgrading?

It's fixed by [1]. All you need is to switch keys() to values() in your
local copy as seen in the commit. As far as dependency hell - you tried
to work with a checkout, which assumes author mode, which in turn
requires you to install *all* dependencies, so every regression test
will run, You don't *have* to install them to use a dbic checkout
however.

Sorry took so long. Cheers!

[1] http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/bast/revision?rev=9085#diff__DBIx-Class_0.08_trunk_lib_DBIx_Class_Storage_DBIHacks.pm