[Dbix-class] Result Classes

Ben Hitz hitz at genome.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 15 21:29:51 GMT 2010

I don't use load_namespaces, but I blundered into it via some Catalyst
docs.

> With no arguments, this method uses Module::Find to load all your
> Result classes from a sub-namespace Result under your Schema class'
> namespace, i.e. with a Schema of MyDB::Schema all files in
> MyDB::Schema::Result are assumed to be Result classes

What is a "Result class" ?  Did I miss a memo?   I know what a
ResultSet class is (sort of) and I know what a ResultSource class is
(at least in the sense of it corresponding to a DB Table...) but this
terminology is new to me.

There is a link to a non-existent glossary entry in  the
DBIx::Class::ResultSource POD as well.
"As mentioned above, a result source instance is created and stored
for you when you define a <a href="http://search.cpan.org/~frew/DBIx-Class-0.08121/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Glossary.pod#Result_Class
">Result Class</a>"

If I had to guess, I would say that Result Class = "class of
ResultSource instance object"... but that's just a guess.

Ben

--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO
Stanford University ** hitz at genome.stanford.edu