[Dbix-class] ANNOUNCE: 0.08121 -- add_to_$rel broken with objects

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Sun Apr 18 21:00:10 GMT 2010

On Apr 14, 2010, at 10:49 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
>> Hijacking the announce thread.
>>
>> add_to_$rel no longer seems to support adding objects. Only hashrefs.
>> Was this intentional or a regression bug? It was working in recent
>> versions and is still documented to work in the Pod. I haven't dug
>> deeply into this but an app of mine broke on this upgrade. Not sure
>> what
>> DBIC version it was on before but it wasn't tooooo old.
>>

> Details:
>
> 1) the *exact* add_to_$rel invocation
> 2) the definition of $rel / $rel_class
> 3) the actual error taking place
> 4) version where it worked (yes it matters)

I boiled this down to the most minimal test case possible and it's
working fine (with the same schema, just redacted). So it is
apparently another piece in the chain causing the problem or a new
interaction introduced by some piece of the upgrade. Whatever is going
on, it's apparently my problem though. If anything interesting comes
out of solving it, I'll update this thread.

-Ashley