[Dbix-class] Alias column names

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Apr 20 15:25:14 GMT 2010

Is there a way in DBIC to alias column names?  I know I can specify an
accessor name (and create wrapper accessors using different names), but I'm
looking for a way to alias column names to use both as accessors and when
calling create().

The deal is I already have a Catalyst app with a DBIx::Class model.  I'm
adding some API functionality but the specifications require using new names
for some of the column data.  So, in the same app I need to be able to do

$schema->resultset( 'Cd' )->create({
    name =3D> 'Frampton Comes Alive',
    artist =3D> $artist,
});

And

$schema->resultset( 'Cd' )->create({
    ttitle =3D> 'Frampton Comes Alive',
    author =3D> $artist,
});

And likewise,  these are the same:

$title =3D $cd->title;
$title =3D $cd->name;

as well as these has-many relationships:

$tracks =3D $cd->tracks;
$tracks =3D $cd->songs;

-- =

Bill Moseley