[Dbix-class] Alias column names

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Apr 22 09:03:54 GMT 2010

Bill Moseley wrote:
> Is there a way in DBIC to alias column names?  I know I can specify an
> accessor name (and create wrapper accessors using different names), but
> I'm looking for a way to alias column names to use both as accessors and
> when calling create().

Column aliasing is only worth it if it becomes uniform (i.e. works with
search() among other things). Since the current SQLA1.5x WHERE specification
can not be safely introspected, it is impractical to introduce any sort of
dbic-wide column aliasing. Help out with the SQLA2 development and what you
want will become reality fairly quickly :)