[Dbix-class] Where to define constants.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Apr 24 15:21:52 GMT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Ian <dbix-class at iandocherty.com> wrote:

> My current solution is to have a MooseX::Singleton class that defines all
> constants used in my database (and perhaps elsewhere in my application).
> e.g.
>
>  sub foo_track_type_count {
>    return shift->tracks( {
>      track_type =3D> $constant->track_type_foo,
>      })->count;
>  }

Thanks, Ian.  I like that approach as it's very clear a constant is being
used and it avoids importing symbols.  And another excuse to use Moose.

I'll avoid the discussion that it's "slow" because I can only access the
constant at 168,634.06/s compared to 6,802,721.09/s with "constant" pragma.
;)

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org