[Dbix-class] postgres table inheritance in Schema?

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Aug 3 08:47:35 GMT 2010

Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i'm using postgres and postgres' table inheritance.
> but i want to deploy my db from my dbix:class schema, so i need a way to tell the schema that
> eg.
> App::Schema::Foo::Bar
> inherits from
> App::Schema::Foo
>
> using it in dbix-class works fine..
> but just deploying the DB from my schema does not work.
>
> my sql- schema looks like this
> create foo (...some columns..);
> create bar  (some more columns) inherits (foo);
>
> any ideas?
> i did read the docu but i did not find anything useful.
> thanks,

The SQL to run at deploy is generated solely by SQL::Translator.
If there is no inheritance support in it - there is no inheritance
support in DBIC. You can either:

1) come to #dbix-class at irc.perl.org and ask how you can make it happen
2) as a workaround wrap your deployment_statements and add whatever
SQL you need to the to-be-executed strung *manually*

Cheers