[Dbix-class] Odd dbic error

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Aug 23 06:26:11 GMT 2010

$VERSION =3D '0.08111';

These errors have shown up a few times over the last few days.  Just
wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

This is a Catalyst app.  Postgres database.  First error is often:

undef error - Can't call method "resolve" on an undefined value at ..
DBIx/Class/Row.pm line 1209. which means $self->_source_handle is undefined.

Then I see quite a few errors soon after as:

ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction

Which I would expect to see if a connection had an error and no rollback had
been issued.  We use exclusively txn_do so I don't see how the connection
could end up in such a state -- any exceptions would case a rollback.  And
besides, I don't see any errors before this in the logs.

Not much, I know.  But curious if anyone else has seen something like this.

Makes me wonder if I should not explicitly issue a rollback at the start of
every request until can figure out what's happening.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org