[Dbix-class] RFC: DBICx::Shortcuts

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Feb 4 21:14:31 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:53 PM, fREW Schmidt <frioux at gmail.com> wrote:
> It may be too late at this point, but DBICx is not the preferred namespace.
>  Typically we use DBIx::Class::Foo instead.

Sure, but I prefer to try out the ideas in the DBICx namespace first,
i don't like to polute the DBIx::Class namespace.

If/when this is something worh doing in the DBIx::Class namespace,
I'll release a version that starts using that, and I'll keep the other
for backwards compatibility with a deprecation warning.

> Also, you basically made a global schema if I'm reading this right.  This is
> just one schema at a time by design then?

Right now,yes. But that was a copy of the old code. I didn't need more
than that.

I do have a branch (needs more tests) that switch that to a "schema
per instance"-mode.

>  Because sometimes it's great that
> we can have the same schema connected to more than one db at once...

Agreed, in my current project I'll need that too.

I'll try and push the code tomorow if I have the time. if not, I'll do
it during the weekend.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo