[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Storage::Replication -- stick to master flag

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Jan 5 16:49:37 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 6:22 AM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Take a look at DBIx::Class::Schema::RestrictWithObject since I think that
> was written to help with these kinds of trouble, might help. --john

Thanks John.  I'm not clear how that might apply in this case.  I need to
hook into DBIx::Class::Storage::Replicated to determine when it selects the
master vs. the slaves.

I've looked at RestrictWithObject before and I can see at some level how it
would be helpful to enforce a criteria on a search, but calling methods on
the objects seems cleaner to me (or use search_related) so never looked that
closely at it.  Maybe it does more than I thought.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org