[Dbix-class] Rapid Data Extraction

iain hubbard iainhubbard at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:47:23 GMT 2010

> Using the slices is a horrible encapsulation violation.  I can deal with
> that on our side, but not on the dbic side.  Is there a clean way of
> fetching all of that at once?

A bit of a vague answer, but we once had a discussion with mst (at
northwestengland.pm) about stopping row objects accessing the database in
the view. While I cant remember the full details it was along the lines of
undefing the rows access to the schema.

It looks like you already have the row object created so you would save
yourself the time to create a whole new object and guarantee no DB access.

There was also talk of logging any templates that tried to access the db
too.

Sorry I cant remember any more details but its a path to explore.

Iain.