[Dbix-class] RFC: DBICx::Shortcuts

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Jan 18 13:02:07 GMT 2010

Hi,

I've cleaned up and uploaded to CPAN a small module that I use a lot in my code.

I got tired of writting

$schema->resultset('Source')->....

all the time, and I wrote DBICx::Shortcuts.

You create a new class (I usually give it a very small name, like
MyApp::S, tweak MyApp to taste), as a subclass of DBICx::Shortcuts and
link it to a Schema class with a setup('MyApp::Schema') call.

For each source, it creates a shortcut method in your class. So I can write:

MyApp::S->source->...

As a bonus, you can also call

MyApp::S->source($id)

as a shortcut to

$schema->resultset('Source')->find($id)

All other calls to the source() shortcut with parameters will end up
as calls to search().

Comments, suggestions?

Bye,
--