[Dbix-class] Re: Presentation about DBIx::Class

Steve steve at matsch.com
Tue Jan 26 22:51:28 GMT 2010

On 1/26/2010 5:42 PM, dbix-class-request at lists.scsys.co.uk wrote:
> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:06:10 -0800
> From: "Ihnen, David"<dihnen at amazon.com>
> Subject: [Dbix-class] So they want ME to give a presentation about
> 	DBIx::Class
>
> So seems to be interest in the Seattle Perl Users Group to learn more about using DBIx::Class - and since no good deed (like suggesting an interesting topic) goes unpunished, I'm drafted to do a presentation next month to the group about DBIx::Class!
>
> I know I'll be deriving a lot of my material from the fine manual pages and cookbook and my experience, but thought I'd toss this out there in case anybody has further thoughts or 'don't forget to tell them...' sorts of things to say as I collect materials to prepare for this.
>
> Welcoming contributions,
>
> David

David,

As a relative newcomer to DBIx::Class myself, the distinction between a
Result and a ResultSet was puzzling.  Especially when using D:C:Loader,
as depending on the command line arguments, there may not be a Result
directory, and there certainly won't be a ResultSet directory.  The very
fact that you don't have to have a ResultSet directory is a good tidbit!

Good Luck!
Steve