[Dbix-class] Moose

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Jul 18 04:22:31 GMT 2010

On 11 Jul 2010, at 14:48, Leandro Hermida wrote:
> I had a look at KiokuDB, its a very nice project and suitable for
> certain needs, but it doesn't do ORM. In many software development
> projects particularly business-related you really the database to be a
> relational implementation of your entity object model because you have
> other systems, software and programming languages that will be
> interacting with the database.

Unless you're going to hide the entire actual DB behind views and
stored procedures, then this is generally a REALLY BAD IDEA.

You now have no level of abstraction from your database layout and
your data model.

Which means that changing the database layout (without changing all
the apps which work on that layout at the same time) is going to break
things, which then need fixing in multiples places, and releasing in
sync - I.e. you just achieved very very close coupling to your DB
schema, which you want to avoid (for reasons stated above) if
possible...

Cheers
t0m