[Dbix-class] Clone DBIx::Class::Row object to new connection

Gerhard Heift ml-dbix-class-20090107-b968 at gheift.de
Wed Jun 2 12:01:57 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 07:41:54AM -0400, Rob Kinyon wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 07:21, Gerhard Heift
> <ml-dbix-class-20090107-b968 at gheift.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:00:30AM +0200, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> >> Can you tell us why you want this?
> >
> > For example, if you want to fork your program you have to use different
> > database connections for each process.
> >
> > In my case I want to have two or more concurrent transactions to my database.
>
> DBIx::Class already supports forking transparently. You don't have to
> do anything at all.

I didn't know that, good to know.

> As for concurrent transactions ... that's what forking is for.

Currently I write a GUI based on DBIx::Class in only one process (no threads,
no forks). I have windows to edit rows in the database. I use rowbased locking
and for this I like to have separate connections for each window. For this I
think I need the database cloning.

> Rob

Gerhard