[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Direct: what's wrong with that ?

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Wed Jun 9 18:37:43 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Marc Chantreux <khatar at phear.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 08:24:44PM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>> * On Mon, Jun 07 2010, Marc Chantreux wrote:
>> > I assume that we don't need this feature in production mode for 80% of
>> > the webapps i'll write.  If it's required for some special cases (to
>> > migrate data for exemple), i'll write a function to switch
>> > $DBIx::Class::Direct::cnx between many dbh.
>>
>> This is why people don't like Perl.
>
> Really? I thought it is because of useless sarcastic assertion of some
> perl hackers.
>
> Thanks for help, Jonathan, you enlightened my day. Don't hesitate if you
> have another helpfull idea.

It was terse but I don't think it was sarcastic. The underlying point
is an ostensibly shiny tool in which you get invested and then lets
you down when you hit an unexpected use case and requires you to move
to another tool is not a charmer; and casual or new developers may
blame the language.

-Ashley