[Dbix-class] Cascade deletes

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Sat Mar 6 09:24:29 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> First, is there a way to globally disable cascade deletes?  I know I can
> add cascade_delete => 0 to the relationships, but I never want cascade
> deletes in the ORM (I have a database that does that).

I did that once for exactly the same reasons. Created a DBIC component
that overrides add_relationship(). The fourth parameter is the hashref
with the options, set cascade_delete => 0 and call the next method.

Then in the load_components of your base source class, use it.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
http://www.simplicidade.org/