[Dbix-class] Lazy Columns

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue May 11 17:06:07 GMT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us<rabbit%2Bdbic at rabbit.us>
> wrote:

> This means you didn't even read the original thread, which clearly
> mentioned
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~frew/DBIx-Class-0.08121/lib/DBIx/Class/Row.pm#has=
_column_loaded

It was four days ago, I forgot.  Sorry.  If I would have remembered I guess
I would have know you were implying earlier today "Ordered should be
checking has_column_loaded()".  In that case I'll try later today to create
a failing test.

> > Although now the database takes more of a beating... ;)
>

> http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/bast/blame/DBIx-Class/0.08/trunk/=
lib/DBIx/Class/Ordered.pm
> Read the comment at lines 791-794, I need a volunteer to make me a list of
> databases
> which can do that without stepping on its own toes. Then we can make
> exceptions based
> on underlying storage.

Geeze, reduced to the lowest common denominator.   What about a flag to
indicate that it's ok to do it the smart way?

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org