[Dbix-class] Lazy Columns

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue May 11 20:11:25 GMT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us<rabbit%2Bdbic at rabbit.us>
> wrote:

> Remember DBIC is correct first and fast only afterwards. This is far from
> the
> only "lowest common denominator" reduction in the code, but we currently
> still
> have trouble to test multiple databases. Work is being done on that front
> but it is sadly slow.

Just so I'm clear, the comment you referenced says:

    # some databases (sqlite) are dumb and can not do a blanket
    # increment/decrement. So what we do here is check if the
    # position column is part of a unique constraint, and do a
    # one-by-one update if this is the case

Is this the "blanket increment/decrement" that's referring to?

sqlite> update track set pos =3D pos - 1 where cd =3D 1 and pos > 2;

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org