[Dbix-class] seeming error in Manual's CD db example

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Thu May 13 19:51:37 GMT 2010

Darren Duncan wrote:
> Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>>
>>> Generally speaking, I'm coming up with a number of clean-up ideas with
>>> the above, where I mentioned one already, and here's another:
> <snip>
>
>>> P.S.  This scrutiny is coming up because I'm translating that Example to
>>> another language, and while I'm generally trying to be faithful to the
>>> original I am also doing some cleanups on the way; I hope this may
>>> filter backwards.
>>
>> I hope so too! Could you get a checkout of [1], and make changes as
>> you go
>> along? Then simply send us an svn diff and we'll apply it (with possible
>> minor adjustments).
>
> Maybe I will.  But in the meantime, here is my translation, now on CPAN,
> which credits your original:
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Muldis-D-Manual/lib/Muldis/D/Manual/CD.pod
>
> Besides the differences attributed to being in another language, I made
> these changes of substance that I would recommend being in the original,
> if appropriate or possible:
<snip>

Hmm, now that I think about it, there is another main issue, which is that it
won't work properly for the 3 get-one test queries if the query matches no
records (if someone else deleted them between the insert and the test), as each
test assumes a single result.

My translation also has this issue, which I will go off and fix now.

-- Darren Duncan