[Dbix-class] Tracking "parent" resultset.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon May 17 01:22:23 GMT 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Rob Kinyon <rob.kinyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> A given resultset can have more than one "parent." There are two
> obvious scenarios - subqueries (with the as_query feature) and unions
> (via DBIx::Class::Helpers).

Ok.

The main purpose of this is to be able to back track through a query that
I'd normally write with a single call to search so to can determine what
specific condition failed -- so can generate somewhat helpful log and error
messages.   (i.e. "Why can't I access that Cd?").

> Just keep track of it on your own using an array. :)

By that do you mean this?

$new_rs =3D $rs->search( { active =3D> 1 } );
push @saved_rs, { comment =3D> 'Foo not active', rs =3D> $rs };

Thanks,

-- =

Bill Moseley