[Dbix-class] What namespace is best for a ResultSet Class with Custom methods

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:58:33 GMT 2010

    Gurunandan> I am new to DBIx::Class require help understanding a few
    Gurunandan> basic issues. I have defined an  App::Schema::Result::A
    Gurunandan> class where the corresponding table, primary keys and
    Gurunandan> columns are described in the usual way.  I want to add
    Gurunandan> custom methods to the class as a whole so I defined a
    Gurunandan> ResultSet class: App::Schema::ResultSet::A so that both
    Gurunandan> ResultSet/A and Result/A are under the Schema
    Gurunandan> folder. However I recently came across this Tutorial
    Gurunandan> that advises:

This will not make the method be available in both classes, and the
requirement of a custom method being magically available in both classes
makes no sense without more detail. Can you explain what you're trying
to achieve here?

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/