[Dbix-class] Persistent connections with CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIx::Class

Gurunandan Bhat gbhat at pobox.com
Sat Nov 6 19:19:06 GMT 2010

Hi

I wasn't sure which would be the right list (CGI::App or here) to ask this
question, but I guess its about the database so ....

I have two questions about using CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIx::Class for
CRUD operations in a CGI::Application base app.

1. If I have setup the connection with $self->dbic_config({schema =3D>
MyApp::Schema->connect(@connection_data)}) will $app->schema give me the
full DBIx::Class schema instance, or will I get a restricted instance on
which I can only call methods defined in the CAP::DBIx::Class documentation?

2. I am running my CGI::Application subclass under mod_perl. In this case
with the connection be persistent? Or should I use Apache::DBI to ensure
that it is.

Thank you for your attention.