[Dbix-class] is it safe use find_or_create in "read committed" transaction level

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:35:33 GMT 2010

On 20 September 2010 14:04, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

> Savepoints do not help here. An error happening within a savepoint
> invalidates *the entire transaction*. Test it on your RDBMS, but
> I am pretty sure this is the case all-around.

Hmm. PG docs say:

"Moreover, ROLLBACK TO is the only way to regain control of a
transaction block that was put in aborted state by the system due to
an error, short of rolling it back completely and starting again."

which I thought implied that you can rollback to a savepoint after an
error. I'll try it out ...