[Dbix-class] overloading new() or insert(), a problem when using UUIDColumns

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:54:27 GMT 2011

2011/4/7 Hu Hailin <i at h2l.name>:
> My question, does it mean overloading insert() is preferred, at least
> for setting default value for a column?

As for me, best place to catch and overload, it's
DBIx::Class::Row::store_column(), because "this is the lowest level".

> And I'll be very very happy if somebody can tell me why it works under
> Catalyst env.

Can't be sure, but most probably it's related to order of loading
components and modules.

But for your concrete case - just read about
DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime, and don't reinvent the wheel.

HTH

--
Sincerely yours,
Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)