[Dbix-class] Module versioning

Duncan Garland Duncan.Garland at motortrak.com
Thu Apr 14 13:51:51 GMT 2011

Hi,

What's the most common/best method of keeping the modules consistent between systems? Since we joined the Catalyst/DBIx community we've become much more dependent on that
sort of thing.

We assumed that just keeping  Makefile.PL up to date but that doesn't seem to be enough on its own the our various platforms seem to be different.

Some of the DBIx modules do not have version numbers (eg DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic.pm) so I'm not sure how the dependency chain is supposed to work.

What do other people do?

Regards

Duncan