[Dbix-class] getting error; DBIx::Class not finding Schema created with schema loader

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Tue Aug 30 08:27:18 GMT 2011

On 30/08/2011 2:23 PM, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> I tried mentioning the path where schema was created, but i am getting =

> error: can someone hel resolve? thx. Rajeev
> use Mysqltestdb::Schema;
> Mysqltestdb::Schema->dump_to_dir('../testdb/');

Whilst it is valid and has been mentioned that path to your class needs =

to be included in perl's @INC ( see 'use lib' )
I still feel some need to mention that what you appear to be doing here =

is call methods on a Class you are generating as the terms are calling a =

method of Schema::Loader and then a method from Schema on the following =

line.

I would suggest that what you are actually trying to do can be obtained =

from reading the good manual, right about here:
http://search.cpan.org/~abraxxa/DBIx-Class-0.08195/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Co=
okbook.pod#SQL =

<http://search.cpan.org/%7Eabraxxa/DBIx-Class-0.08195/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual=
/Cookbook.pod#SQL>

And then probably determining that what you actually want (probably =

should be doing) to do is look at the usage of dbicdump =

(http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.07010/script/d=
bicdump =

<http://search.cpan.org/%7Erkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.07010/script=
/dbicdump>) =

after getting from understanding from the documentation above.

Neil