[Dbix-class] Select from subselect

Allan Cochrane allan.cochrane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:16:26 GMT 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wro=
te:

> This is correct, DBIC currently has no facility to express arbitrary joins
> between arbitrary chunks of SQL. What are you actually trying to achieve
> here? Is there a reason you are not running said query against the handle
> directly with $schema->dbh_do ?

I have been using DBIx::Simple and SQL::Abstract with multiple tables and
it was working well. Recently the schema changed and we've moved to a
single table so I though I'd use DBIx::Class to do the job, I hoped it
might remove the need for some of the fixed SQL I currently have. It would
appear that I need to go back to what I had before and adapt that code to
the new model. Thanks all for your help.

Allan