[Dbix-class] Re: question about connect from manual

Jim Green student.northwestern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:57:35 GMT 2011

>Why don't you keep a pre-connected $schema object within the scope of
>your table accesses instead? DBIC will automatically reconnect if the
>connection is dropped between table accesses.

lets say I have
__PACKAGE__->connection(connection details) in the Schema.pm
when I want to use a certain table I still need to

my $schema = My::Schema->connect();

in my application code.

I don't think it is smart enough to have to do this each time I need to
access a table.

I want something as simple as
my $rs = $schema->resultset(tablename),

everything else I hope dbic can conceal it.

Thanks!
Jim