[Dbix-class] Performance degradation due to Class::C3

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Mon Feb 28 15:00:15 GMT 2011

On 28 Feb 2011, at 14:39, Jorge Gonzalez wrote:

> - My perl (5.8.8) is a bit old (comes with Centos 5), could this issues be solved in later versions of perl? I know C3 is integrated in basee perl in latest versions...

You have been keeping up with updates of RHEL/Centos?

http://search.cpan.org/~abraxxa/DBIx-Class-0.08127/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Troubleshooting.pod#Perl_Performance_Issues_on_Red_Hat_Systems

I've tended to run my own perl builds on these boxes - replacing
the perl rpm in my older installs, although I am changing to just
packaging a complete environment with all the modules I use built
with perlbrew and then packaged as an rpm under a different
exec path to the system perl.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]