[Dbix-class] Relationship question/database structure

Steve steve at matsch.com
Mon Jan 10 16:59:10 GMT 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to use an existing schema wherein I have a generic table
called 'Note' containing - you guessed it, notes!.  The thing is that
these notes may be associated with many other types of data and
therefore tables in my database.  They may be related to a request,
user, device, etc.  I am sure that this is a fairly common use case, but
don't see much in the docs or on the list.

The question is two-fold: What's the best structure, and how do we go
about defining the DBIC rels?
Thanks,
Steve