[Dbix-class] order_by question

africroissance africroissance at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:28:15 GMT 2011

Hello,
I am very very new to using DBIx::Class -- please do forgive the naivet=E9 =
of
the question - I have a question about using the order_by attribute.

Given the simple example in the CPAN docs:
http://search.cpan.org/~danieltwc/DBIx-Class-0.07002/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/=
Example.pod

What would be the right syntax to get back a list of CDs ordered by the
number of tracks each has? I thought something like the following would work
but I was wrong:

sub get_cds_ordered_by_number_of_tracks {
  print "CDS ordered by the number of tracks they have\n";
  my $rs =3D $schema->resultset('Cd')->search(
    {},
    {
      order_by =3D> \'tracks.count DESC',
      join     =3D> [qw/ tracks /],