[Dbix-class] Performance degradation due to Class::C3

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Jun 14 12:40:17 GMT 2011

Toby Corkindale wrote:
> On 9 June 2011 17:51, Jorge Gonzalez <jorge.gonzalez at daikon.es> wrote:
>> BTW, thanks for resurrecting a 3 month old thread :-) I had not checked the EOL status of 5.8 and 5.10. And then again: RHEL 6 is based on 5.10, which is also EOL'ed...?
>
> Yes, only the current and prior-to-current versions are supported by
> the Perl developers.
> So it'll be up to Red Hat themselves to patch any problems in 5.10 if
> they turn up.

Just a note that by "perl developers" you (I hope) mean the
perl5-porters. Individual perl projects can and do elect to support
a much wider range of available perl binaries. For example DBIC
is currently supported all the way back to 5.8.1, and there are no
near-future plans to change this.

With that in mind if a perl 5.8 performance regression has crawled
into the codebase, the dev team would like very much to fix it.
Since the particular problem in this thread wasn't immediately
reproducible[1], the issue was abandoned after no-reply from the OP.
If, however, a reproducible regression is brought to the attention
of authors (either on this list or on IRC) - it will be fixed where
possible.

Cheers

[1] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2011-March/009811.html