[Dbix-class] Schema::Loader

Duncan Garland Duncan.Garland at motortrak.com
Thu Jun 16 16:31:01 GMT 2011

Hi,

I upgraded DBIx::Class from CPAN yesterday. Now the schema creation script won't run:

Can't call method "Indent" without a package or object reference at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/Class/Schema/Loader/Base.pm line 1623.

The offending code is:

            $self->_pod( $class,
                         join "\n", map {
                             my $s = $attrs->{$_};
                             $s = !defined $s         ? 'undef'          :
                                  length($s) == 0     ? '(empty string)' :
                                  ref($s) eq 'SCALAR' ? $$s :
                                  ref($s)             ? do {
                                                        my $dd = Dumper;
                                                        $dd->Indent(0);
                                                        $dd->Values([$s]);
                                                        $dd->Dump;
                                                      } :
                                  looks_like_number($s) ? $s :
                                                        qq{'$s'}
                                  ;

I thought it was a dependency problem at first, but I've got the latest versions of Data::Dumper::Concise and Data::Dumper.

Furthermore, the Dumper function in Data::Dumper::Concise doesn't look like it's intended to return an object:

sub Dumper { DumperObject->Values([ @_ ])->Dump }

so perhaps it's not surprising that the method call on the next line fails.

Anybody know what's going on?

Regards

Duncan