[Dbix-class] Catalyst Application : DBIx::Class : Oracle 8 : JOIN problem

Rohan M rohan7799 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:01:14 GMT 2011

Dear All,

 I'm using Oracle 8i as a back-end database server for my Catalyst
application. When I try to use join parameter using DBIx::Class model, it
gives me syntax error.
It doesn't understand 'JOIN' keyword in the SQL generated by DBIx::Class.

for example - >

my $Info =3D $c->model('App::Log')->search({
id =3D> $someid,
 },{
join =3D> 'foreignkey_id',
});

I did checked "
http://search.cpan.org/~frew/DBIx-Class-0.08115/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/=
Oracle/WhereJoins.pm"
 where it is mentioned that DBIx::Class automatically detects the version
and calls the above class to generate the JOIN in oracle 8i fashion but
somehow its not working.

Also I checked for join_type parameter which allows you to go for 'outer' or
'inner' join but it didn't work.

Could some body tell me how can I use join for oracle 8i using DBIx::Class
model in the Catalyst application?

Thanks and regards,
Rohan