[Dbix-class] connect problem

Alan Humphrey alan.humphrey at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 17:32:18 GMT 2011

I'm trying to use DBIx::Class::Schema::Config to manage my db connection
info.  It was working, but after an upgrade it isn't.

It looks like something in how the connection information is stored/used
changed.  Trouble is, I don't know who's at fault.

See below for a program snippet and output showing the change.  The problem
is with the options portion of the connection info.  It works fine for
$schema, doesn't work for $schema1.

Any pointers are appreciated.

-          Alan

DBIx::Class version: 0.08195

DBIx::Class::Schema::Config  version: 0.001006

dbic.yml entry:

testproductiondb:

    dsn: DBI:ODBC:sas

    user: user

    password: pass

        LongReadLen: 5000

my $schema = BirdWeb::BirdWebSchema->connect('DBI:ODBC:sas', 'user', 'pass',
{LongReadLen => 5000});

my $schema1 = BirdWeb::BirdWebSchema->connect('testproductiondb');

say Dumper($schema->storage->connect_info);

say Dumper($schema1->storage->connect_info);

$VAR1 = [

          {

            'password' => 'pass',

            'LongReadLen' => 5000,