[Dbix-class] Working with parts of a database

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:45:21 GMT 2011

On 23 October 2011 15:01, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:
>> I was wondering what solutions people have come up with for dealing
>> with database schemas with hundreds of tables..
>>

> Dealing in what sense? Please elaborate on the /achieve

Making it managable in each application or subsystem - it's very rare
that all the tables and relations are used in every parts of the
system using a database - if you've got hundreds of classes to load,
it can eat memory and affect startup times un-nessarily - particularly
if you're going to be using any automated CRUD/BREAD on top.

I was just thinking it would be nice to only deal with the
parts/classes of the schema you actually need in an application or
subsystem

Cheers

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk