[Dbix-class] Regarding Oracle's 1000 element limit in IN clause

Jorge Gonzalez jorge.gonzalez at daikon.es
Mon Oct 24 14:12:29 GMT 2011

El 24/10/11 12:55, Peter Rabbitson escribió:
>> Question is, my server has enough RAM to slurp the resultset and then
>> search (which is what I'm doing now). If enough RAM is available, no
>> disk-based SQL server can beat that, provided that efficient search
>> algorithms are used (I'm using the resultset to create several RAM based
>> indexes - perl hashes - before doing any searching).
>>
> Who said disk-based? my $dsn = 'dbi:SQLite::memory:' :)

I assume that performance of memory based DB and perl memory hashes are
more or less equivalent.

Intuition tells me that perl hashes will be faster (if only because they
are simpler and don't have to move an SQL engine, even in memory), but
I'll not say that formally without a benchkmark. For now I trust my
instinct (it's good enough for my current solution).

J.