[Dbix-class] date_time field for oracle

Jorge Gonzalez jorge.gonzalez at daikon.es
Thu Oct 27 06:46:34 GMT 2011

The 'datetime_setup' is provided by the
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle driver, it sends the appropiate
commands to Oracle to set a compatible datetime format so that DateTime
objects are correctly built when retunring from the database (basically
issue an "ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT...." and other similar
commands).

I didn't know about this option about a year ago, and I had to do
manually what this module does automatically. Grrr... :-)

BR
J.