[Dbix-class] connecting to different environments

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Mon Sep 12 06:49:38 GMT 2011

Il 09/09/2011 17:30, Alan Humphrey ha scritto:
> Hi –
>
> I’m wondering how people are handling connecting to different databases,
> e.g. dev vs. test vs. production. Is there a technique that’s considered
> “best practice”?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Alan

> Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@lists.scsys.co.uk

I'll throw in my 2 cents...

My 1-dev-team solution is to branch the app when I get to the point
where a production dataset is available and the app is stable enough for
a first deployment. The "prod" branch config file is then modified to
connect to the production database, and those changes commited. The
trunk branch config file instead continues to point to the development
database.
 From there on application upgrades and bugfixes are merged to the
deployed instance as needed. The two config files (dev and prod) live
separate lives without interferring with each other.

--
Marcello Romani