[Dbix-class] Help with serialized objects -> old dbic

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Aug 18 00:12:15 GMT 2012

I need some ideas how to deal with this issue:

We serialize DBIC objects with Storable and they get shared.  I have a
situation where I have some machines running current DBIC and some running
much older DBIC.   But, the objects are not compatible between versions of
DBIC.

For example, .08123 (yes, two years old) trying to deserialize from current
DBIC generates:

No STORABLE_thaw defined for objects of class DBIx::Class::ResultSource::Ta=
ble
(even after a "require DBIx::Class::ResultSource::Table;") at
../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into ../../lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al)
line 380

And a similar problem going the other direction.

Any ideas how to make current DBIC and such an old version work together
until we can get all our servers upgraded?

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org