[Dbix-class] Automatic reconnection to failed over database

Jorge Gonzalez jorge.gonzalez at daikon.es
Wed Aug 22 15:26:18 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I am in the process of migrating several production apps using
DBIx::Class to a clustered mysql database (HA).

When my apps try to connect to the DB and can't, they fail (die,
return errors, etc.). Since the cluster has a (very small) downtime
during the failover process (node failure), I'd like that my apps just
retried the connection in case it fails, stepping over the short
downtime and reconnecting to the new cluster node which runs the DB
after the failure.

I have seen the DBIx::RetryOverDisconnects module and it seems it
could serve the purpose, but I have googled and haven't seen any
comments on using it on DBIx::Class models.

Has anyone managed to integrate both modules (and use them!)? Or is
there an easy way of doing what I want, that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
BR
J.