[Dbix-class] Re: SQL::Translator conversion from Class::Base to Moo

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Wed Aug 29 09:53:12 GMT 2012

Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 01:15:50AM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
>> ilmari at ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:
>>
>> > The code passes the test suites of DBIx::Class (with
>> > DBICTEST_SQLT_DEPLOY=1), ::DeploymentHandler and ::Migration, but I
>> > would like some testing and review by actual users before merging it to
>> > trunk.
>>
>> Thanks to frew and jnap for reviewing and testing this.  Unless anyone
>> objects I'll merge it in the next few days so we can get a dev release
>> out for smoking.
>>

> A cursory test of non-DBIC based SQLT dependents[1] turned up
> Metabase::Backend::SQLite[2] with a bunch of readonly accessors being called
> as setters. Now, Metabase::Backend::SQLite fails one test on currently
> released SQLT anyway (please bug xdg), but nevertheless this is might be
> an indication that you were too eager on applying 'ro'.

I only applied 'ro' to the already read-only accessors.  The difference
is that the old ones didn't actually check if they were being mistakenly
called with an argument.  I guess I'll have to apply an 'around' that
ignores arguments.  *grmble*

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,